Chicken yakhni is one of the best non vegetarian recipe to enjoy with steamed rice.
- 700-800 gm chicken pieces
- 6-7 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup of curd
- 2 pieces green cardamom
- 2 pieces brown cardamom
- 2 small cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp saunth
- 1 tsp saunf powder
- Pinch of Kashmiri red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
Step by step method for preparing Chicken Yakhni
1. In a pan heat oil as required and fry the chicken till brown.
2. Once the chicken is fried properly, remove it and keep aside.
3. Now, in the same pan take some cardamom and cinnamon pieces and saute for about 5 minutes. Add a little water to the saunf and saunth powders and mix them to the pan.
4. Cook for 2-3 minutes, turn off the gas and let it cool at room temperature.
5. Mix curd to the pan and cook on a very low flame for about 2 minutes. Now add cooked chicken to the curd and sprinkle a little red chilli powder and salt for taste. Stir, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes till done.
6. Chicken Yakhni is ready to serve with hot steamed rice.
Img src: akansharecipes